- Why Nelson
- About NREDA
- Performance Indicators
- Contact Us
VAN - Venture Accelerator Network
Venture Accelerator Network (VAN)
VAN is an important initiative of the EDA, in conjunction with NZT&E and WHK West Yates.
VAN seeks to encourage business ventures that have:
- Innovative and/or value added characteristics
- Significant growth potential - in terms of net income or employment
- A strong Nelson-centric base, so that profits and employment benefit the region
- Demonstrated commitment - skill development, research and development
- Demonstrated competence - management, technical development, marketing or production
- Consistency with the Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS)
VAN Registration for New Members
Please note registration is required to participate in VAN. There is no cost applicable to register, however new participants are requested to complete the attached form and provide a profile that clearly identifies what they want to achieve through being part of this network and how they meet the VAN aims.
It is recognised that access to capital is an important ingredient for business development. Neither VAN nor the EDA are responsible for promoting, or in anyway supporting the presentation of any business proposal that mat be deemed to be an offer to the public. If you are a potential investor, we need you to confirm your qualifications for exemption under the Securities Act 1978 and Securities Regulations 1983, before participating in VAN (you will be sent the relevant information to do this prior to attending VAN).
Any queries regarding VAN can be directed to: